bouncing mail in evolution

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Oct 19 13:17:39 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 07:56, akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:

>  As someone else suggested you misunderstand what I mean by bounce.
>  Bounce is the process of transferring mail to another recipient just
>  as it was received by me. The problem I want to solve that forward
>  does not do for me is to transfer the mail and all attachments to
>  someone else. Maybe other e-mail clients act differently but when you
>  forward a message with mutt and I believe also with evolution the
>  attachments are not forwarded with the message. If someone knows how
>  to do this without bouncing I would be glad to hear how to do it.

Ah!  That is different than what was initially thought.

Evolution has several ways to forward a message.  In the
Tools-->Settings item under the composer options there are three options
used when forwarding email.  Attachment, in-line, and quoted.  If you
use attachment I believe it will include the entire message you are
forwarding.  The other options you are correct, they do not include any
attachments in the original message.

In that same composer options window there are also options for replies
which also include attachment of the message for a reply.

See if that option solves the problem.