Complete graphical boot for Fedora

Oliver Leitner shadow333 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 14:00:13 UTC 2005

this progress bar is as far as i know the standard on fedora core, you must
have commented out certain parts of your grub.conf to make it disappear.

i am not currently running grub, but a good guess would be to look into the
grub.conf for lines like "graphical boot" or "boot splash", and check the
grub man on how to set things there...

Greetings
Oliver Leitner
Technical Staff
http://www.shells.at

On 10/19/05, Gangaraju <gangaraju.chowki at host-technology.com> wrote:

> HI,
>
> AS WE ARE BOOTING THE SYSTEM WITH FEDORA LINUX-2.6.9
> AFTER SELECTING AT GRUB MENU ,FIRST THE TEXT MESSAGES LIKE
>
> title fedora (2.6.9-fedora)
> root (hd0,0)
> kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9-fedora ro root=LABEL=/1 rhgb quiet
> initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.9-fedora.img
> Uncompressing the kernel
> Nash version-...etc
> welcome to fedora
> Starting udev
> Initialising hardware storage network audio
>
> THEN GRAPHICAL BOOT(X SERVER) STARTS , ALL TEXT MESSAGES ARE HIDDEN
> AND ONLY A IMAGE WITH PROGRESS BAR IS SHOWN.
>
> BUT I WANT TO BUILD MY KERNEL AS WHEN SELECTING AT GRUB MENU IT SHOULD
> NOT SHOW ANY KIND OF TEXT MESSAGES,BUT ONLY GRAPHICAL IMAGE WITH
> PROGRESS BAR
> LIKE WINDOWS OS .
> AND THE SAME IDEA I WANT TO IMPEMENT WHILE SHUTDOWN.
> I HOPE YOU UNDERSTOOD ME .
> PLEASE LET ME KNOW
> --
> Warm Regards,