Wireless Cards

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Wed Oct 19 17:32:29 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 09:44 -0700, Ed Landaveri wrote:
> Please, is anyone using a well known wireless adapter whose chip is
> listed on /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/net/wireless? I made
> work my laptop with ipw2200 but I got tired trying to compile the
> adm811 driver for the belkin f56001 or the WMP54GS from Linksys. They
> said that they work with ndiswrapper which I tried to install without
> success. Anyway I just want to know which wireless card works out of
> the box. Any recommendation will be surely appreciatte it. Thanks
> Eddie

Wouldn't it be easier to solve the problem with ndiswrapper? What
problem are you having?

BTW, my Atheros card is "fully supported" by the kernel drivers but
doesn't work. It does work with MadWifi but I get significantly better
performance with the NDIS driver.
--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm
              RBLDNSD HowTo: http://www.TQMcube.com/rbldnsd.htm