WMP54GS

Erik Hemdal ehemdal at townisp.com
Thu Oct 20 02:11:07 UTC 2005

> Gentleman ladies,
> Has anyone made work the Linksys WMP54GS wireless
> adapter (Broadcom Chip) under FC4? Is there any module
> that need to be used? I've read that there ain't
> network modules for it, that you need to use
> ndiswrapper. Is there any other approach to make this
> adapter work? Thanks
> Eddie

You can try www.linuxant.com if you like.  This is the same idea: a
wrapper around the Windows (NDIS) driver.  At one point, I exchanged
some email with a marketing guy from Broadcom who basically said Linux
is not in their plans.  Broadcom does not consider end users to be their
customers, and PC manufacturers aren't clamoring for Linux drivers.

I don't know of any approaches that are technically different from
Linuxant and ndiswrapper.  To make this work you'll need a native
Windows driver for the card.

Although I don't have your particular device, I do have a Broadcom
wireless device and ndiswrapper works well for me.  Their installation
instructions can sometimes be a bit awkward, but the software is fine.

Good luck in setting up your card.
Erik