Query about fc4 servers support for apt-get

Oliver Leitner shadow333 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:33:58 UTC 2005

well, servers...

if youre talking about 386 "servers", mr. Davara gave all answers i think.

if youre talking about x86_64 or true 64bit machine, i dont know if fc is
yet that far, that they support all kinds of architectures.

but youre welcome to compile the packages and make your own mirror, i think
they got a good documentation on that somewhere (sorry, i dont know it out
of my mind...)

Greetings
Oliver Leitner

On 10/20/05, Gilboa Davara <gilboada at netvision.net.il> wrote:

> apt is fully supported by freshrpms. (Including core/updates/extra
> packages)
> Only i386 is supported, though.
> http://apt.freshrpms.net/
>
> Gilboa
>
> On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 20:42 +0530, Vikram Goyal wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am using apt-get and synaptic to update and install rpms.
> >
> > I wanted to know if apt-get is supported by redhat/fedora download
> > servers, since I couldn't find one. All support only yum.
> >
> > Thanking in advance.
> > --
> > vikram...
> > ^^'''''^^||root||^^^'''''''^^
> > // \\ ))
> > //(( \\// \\
> > // /\\ || \\
> > --
> > Worst Vegetable of the Year:
> > The brussels sprout. This is also the worst vegetable of next year.
> > -- Steve Rubenstein
> > --
> > #
> > ~|~