installing a grub/lilo bootloader on the MBR of a MOUNTED hdd

Khaled khaled at ipbill.com
Thu Oct 20 15:57:11 UTC 2005

Hello Tim,

Thanks for the message, this I will try on sunday. Am I correct in thinking
that the clone will only boot when connected to the original server's
motherboard (ie in its place) due to specific settings and configs being
copied over. In other words it will fail to boot if on any system  other
than the original?

Thanks for the advice, this is kind of a last measure as I did not want to
take the original server down; it seems that all else has failed (thanks to
all that helped).

Khaled