Installing perl modules on FC4 x86_64

Jay Curtis jhcurtis at jayoncall.com
Thu Oct 20 16:35:46 UTC 2005

Hello

I am having a problem with understanding what is going wrong with installing
perl modules and then trying to install rpm packages that rely on that
module.   When I download a perl module from CPAN and install it using the
standard "perl Makefile.pl; make; make test; make install", the module makes
and installs with no errors.  When I then try to install an rpm package,
i.e. perl.MLDBM-2.01.1.2.fc4.rf.noarch from dries repository, the rpm
command fails with:

Error: Failed Dependencies:

            Perl(FreezeThaw) is needed by perl.MLDBM-2.01.1.2.fc4.rf.noarch

The files from this perl module are installed in the
/usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.6/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/Storage directory. Do
I need to make a link from this location to some other location so the
modules can be found?  Is there a configuration file to add this directory
structure to so that rpm can find the modules?  Am I even asking the right
questions here?  8-/

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

--Jay Curtis

New to x86_64 architecture