translate yum output, please

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Thu Oct 20 18:06:50 UTC 2005

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, STYMA, ROBERT E (ROBERT) wrote:

> > 383 kB    00:00
> > http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/3/i386/repo
> > data/primary.xml.gz:
> > [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
> > {
> > I gather that local and remote primary.xml.gz files don't match.
> > Correct?
> > }
> I see this on a regular basis at work.  Best I can gather is that our
> local proxy server is doing caching of the files and not checking
> the original site for changes.  I have had some success with a shell
> script containing the following:
>
> cd /tmp
> wget --cache=off http://mirror.hiwaay.net/redhat/fedora/linux/extras/3/i386/repodata/primary.xml.gz

> This seems to reload the cache on the proxy server.  I update it as new
> xml.gz files pop up.

Thanks.  That did the trick.

Alas, the answer is still no.

I still don't know how to deal with the following complaints:
[root at hobbes i586]# yum localinstall *.rpm
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: missing dep: /usr/lib/libodbc.so for pkg java-1.5.0-sun-jdbc
Error: missing dep: /usr/lib/libodbcinst.so for pkg java-1.5.0-sun-jdbc

--
Mike   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
"I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES.  *I* ONLY TURN UP ONCE."  --  Death