IMAP Access Not Working!!

Matt Morgan minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 23:03:32 UTC 2005

On 10/20/05, Ki Song <ki at knifecenter.com> wrote:

> > From: Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>
> > Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 00:08:02 +0200
> > To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> > Subject: Re: IMAP Access Not Working!!
> >
> > Am Do, den 20.10.2005 schrieb Ki Song um 23:47:
> >
> > Don't top-post please and strip quotation.
> >
> >> I only installed these mail servers:
> >>
> >> - postfix
> >> - cyrus
> >
> > cyrus-sasl or cyrus-imapd? Only the second one is a mail storage/access
> > server.
>
> How do I check to see if this server is installed and running properly? It's
> not listed in the chkconfig list

You should get used to the 'man' command, which can help you figure
out how to use other commands, e.g.,

man chkconfig

But, to answer your question, you want to do this:

chkconfig --list [servicename]

where [servicename] is cyrus-imapd, httpd, iptables, or whatever.

so you need

chkconfig --list cyrus-imapd

send us the output from that command, and from the iptables command
you tried earlier.