No date on my clock

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Fri Oct 21 12:09:13 UTC 2005

I've had a curious problem for some time with the clock on my panel.
For some reason, it does not show the date,
even though I have right-clicked on the clock,
gone to Configure Clock=>Appearance,
and checked Display=>Date.
If I check Display=>Day of week the day shows up fine.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour)
It only occurs on one rather ancient laptop (Sony C1VFK Picturebook);
I have several other machines, including an identical laptop,
but they don't show this problem.

This machine also has an occasional habit of jumping timezones,
so that eg I am told the time in Tokyo, and also that I am in Tokyo,
even though the setting in Configure Clock=>Timezones is correct.

The actual "date" command always works correctly.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366