metamail on FC4?

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Oct 21 13:31:52 UTC 2005

Am Fr, den 21.10.2005 schrieb Globe Trotter um 1:50:

> I don't quite understand what you mean. I have not been able to find a metamail
> rpm for FC4, even though someone here said it is on Extras (assuming he knew
> what he was saying).
>
> yum search metamail indicates that metamail is in mailcap.noarch but I still do
> not have the metamail program.
>
> "eventually you wrote the name of the program wrong... might want to check
> with the page of the developers for the right spelling..."
> Am clueless as to what this means....any help?
>
> Many thanks and best wishes!

AFAIK metamail is unmaintained since long time. I am a bit curious that
an actively developed application like sylpheed-claws requires that
software. Anyway, you can find SRPM packages at

http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/centos/2.1/source/i386/SRPMS/metamail-2.7-28.src.rpm
ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/binary/linux/redhat/SRPMS/metamail-2.7-29.src.rpm

(the one for RHEL 2.1 seems to be newer and containing a bugfix)

rpmbuild the SRPM of RHEL 2.1.

Alexander

Serendipity 15:28:56 up 2 days, 21:02, load average: 0.11, 0.21, 0.14