Query about fc4 servers support for apt-get

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 14:51:13 UTC 2005

the faq gives the answer to the question if we should email id soft
about that...
they know that theres x86_64 linux.

its not just about compiling... in theory you only compile source code
and it works on 64 bit... practically... it needs code changes in this
case to work properly.

why it would be slower? id recommend to discuss that on
irc.freenode.org on the iccuslus channel or #etpro. both channels have
people that actually really worked on the q3 engine e.g. as far as the
et port goes.

theres an x86_64 port of q3 btw... the people who ported it might be
on irc even and there has been actually alot discussion on the topic
there.

Talking about doom3 and if it would be slower or not wouldnt make
sense at all... we both dont have the source code of doom3 do we? ;)

regards,
Rudolf Kastl