spamassassin doesn't seem to be using bayes

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Fri Oct 21 16:04:22 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 17:15 +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> You are irritated by "autolearn=failed"?

No. I'm more concerned by the absence of any BAYES_?? test results.

> Did you set in local.cf something like following?
>
> use_bayes 1
> auto_learn 1
> bayes_learn_to_journal 1
> bayes_file_mode 0600
> bayes_path /var/spool/MIMEDefang/bayes

Well I am using spamassassin pretty much as it comes out of the box on
FC4. I've added a couple of lines to ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs (none of
the above). My /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf does not contain those
lines either. I was under the impression that using bayes was the
default behaviour.

Best, Darren