IMAP Access Not Working!!

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 21 17:29:10 UTC 2005

From: "Ki Song" <ki at knifecenter.com>

>> From: Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>
>> Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 19:08:24 +0200
>> To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>> Subject: Re: IMAP Access Not Working!!

>>> This command says that xinetd is using that port. Is that correct?
>>
>> Didn't you say you did a fresh install of FC4? What applications did you
>> install with it which could act using port 143 and being xinetd
>> controlled? Neither dovecot nor Cyrus-IMAPd use the xinetd but are
>> standalone daemons. uw-imapd isn't yet available through Fedora Extras
>> 4.
>>
> I did do a fresh install using the Perfect Setup - Fedora Core 4
> http://www.howtoforge.com/blok/print/128
>
> In this guide, it installed the cyrus apps.

Can't access it there.

http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_fedora_core_4 is the start of
the article.

One person's perfect is another persons trash. It sounds like that
article could use some fine tuning if it is not specific about
installing both cyrus-sasl and cyrus-imap. (For my particular needs
cyrus was massive overkill and its security made it awkward to use
an imap spam and ham pair of folders for (IMAO properly) training
SpamAssassin.)

{^_^}