IMAP Access Not Working!!

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Oct 21 17:49:30 UTC 2005

Am Fr, den 21.10.2005 schrieb Ki Song um 19:39:

> > Run "rpm -qi imap" and post the output.
>
> Name        : imap                         Relocations: (not relocatable)
> Version     : 2002d                             Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
> Release     : 3                             Build Date: Tue 22 Jul 2003
> 02:48:14
>  PM EDT
> Install Date: Wed 12 Oct 2005 04:40:08 PM EDT      Build Host:
> bugs.devel.redhat
> .com
> Group       : System Environment/Daemons    Source RPM: imap-2002d-3.src.rpm
> Size        : 2620359                          License: University of
> Washington
>  Free-Fork License
> Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Tue 28 Oct 2003 07:07:14 PM EST, Key ID
> b44269d04f2a6fd2
>
> Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
> URL         : http://www.washington.edu/imap/
> Summary     : Server daemons for IMAP and POP network mail protocols.
> Description :
> The imap package provides server daemons for both the IMAP (Internet
> Message Access Protocol) and POP (Post Office Protocol) mail access
> protocols. The POP protocol uses a "post office" machine to collect
> mail for users and allows users to download their mail to their local
> machine for reading. The IMAP protocol allows a user to read mail on a
> remote machine without downloading it to their local machine.
>
> Install the imap package if you need a server to support the IMAP or
> the POP mail access protocols.

* quot errat demonstrantum *

Again, remove that package, it is vulnerable. I can't judge whether you
need the feature set of Cyrus-IMAPd or whether you better live with the
IMAP server FC4 ships: dovecot. From what I see about your current
skills level (not offending!) you better choose dovecot. It at least has
the same capabilities as the IMAP server you have installed following
the "howto" instructions.

1) remove imap
2) install dovecot

Alexander

Serendipity 19:45:53 up 3 days, 1:19, load average: 0.09, 0.16, 0.15