OT Evolution question - importing contacts

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Fri Oct 21 19:35:08 UTC 2005

I'm running Evolution 2.2.3. I've tried enabling LDAP lookup for email
addresses, but have issues because of the amount of address that
Evolution will lookup. I'm guessing it caps at 1000.(?) Our LDAP
directory has several thousand.

So I figured I would just create another address book and import all the
addresses locally. I have a txt file with first name, last name, and
email address. Evolution's import doesn't know how to handle the file.

Anyone know how I might get these imported?

Thanks,
James