Cannot install source

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Sat Oct 22 21:03:17 UTC 2005

On Sat, Oct 22, 2005 at 06:34:06PM +0000, rwhart at mchsi.com wrote:
> Hi,
>   I need to compile the module for my nVidia dualhead.  I have tried to rpm -ivh
> kernel-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4.src.rpm repeatedly.  It reports no errors.
>
>   However, then I do rpm -qa | grep kernel*  and the source is not listed.  Also
> there is no kernels subdirectory in /usr/src
>
>   I have performed a rpm --rebuildb. Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob
Well the thing to doe is to put the src.rpm in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
and hen you do: rpm -ivh  kernel-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4.src.rpm
I would expect you would get a spec file in: /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
Then you would run: rpmbuild  --rebuild on the spec file.

Or if you want to remove the middleman you could do a:
rpmbuild --rebuild kernel-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4.src.rpm

You get along very well with everyone except animals and people.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484