Help with compilation

Jim Hayward jimhayward at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 24 01:39:47 UTC 2005

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 23:17:10 +0530
"Parameshwara Bhat" <peebhat at gmail.com> wrote:

> 	modem.c: In function ‘modem_reset’:
> 	modem.c:1701: error: invalid storage class for function ‘sregs_init’
> 	modem.c:1713: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘sregs_init’
>
> I cannot presume any error in the source as this was compiling fine in
> FC2.I guess this could be due to GCC incompatibility.

Your problem is with line 1701. GCC 4.x (the compiler version in FC4)
does not allow the placement of forward declarations of static functions
inside the body of another function.

In the file slmodem-2.9.10/modem/modem.c, just move line 1701 above
line 1699.

Line #
1699	int modem_reset(struct modem *m)
1700	{
1701	  static int sregs_init(unsigned char sregs[]);
	  MODEM_DBG("modem reset...\n");

Regards,
	Jim H