Shortcut problem

tlc tlc at artemide.us
Mon Oct 24 13:39:09 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 16:32 +0800, yufan wrote:
> hello all,
> sometimes after i add a shortcut into the desktop i cannot see the
> icon of the shortcut unless i restart the Xwindows. What is wrong?any
> idea?

a `killall nautilus` ( run as your user not root ) will refresh the
desktop. This has been a long standing issue with me as well. There are
many bugs listed on the subject .. it was supposed to be fixed a long
time ago ( before FC4 was released ) and its gotten better with FC4 but
I still have the trouble once and while ... no idea what sets it off ...
I placed an icon on my desktop that just runs the command above.