No network connection after upgrade (via 'yum')

Jon D. Slater Jon.Slater at LPBroadband.Net
Mon Oct 24 17:47:30 UTC 2005

Bill Perkins wrote:

> Jon D. Slater wrote:
>

>> Bill Perkins wrote:

>>> I've had the same sort of issues with an RT2500 card; need to
>>> compile the module for each new kernel I use, and starting the ntpd
>>> service during boot usually causes a hang. Is there a special kernel
>>> module needed for your NC100 card? You might need to compile and
>>> install it for the new kernel, I don't know about that particular
>>> card. You could also try turning off the ntpd service at startup,
>>> and start it manually after bootup and login, that is what I do...
>>>
>> I've never needed to compile a kernel module for this card.  It's
>> always worked (right of of the box).  When I look at the pull down
>> list of supported network cards, it's in the list.
>>

> Ok, next question is, is the module loaded?
> # lsmod | grep <module_name_of_card>

I don't see anything regarding "linksys" or "nc100", but I *do* see the
"tulip" module.  (This is from the kernel that works.)

I'm not at the location of the machine, so I can't try re-booting and
checking under the new kernel.