No network connection after upgrade (via 'yum')

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Mon Oct 24 22:01:49 UTC 2005

Jon D. Slater wrote:

> I'm not on site with the machine.  But, from my last visit, according to
> the network support utilities, everything was fine.
>
> eth0 did exist and was presented as "Active".

The only way to understand this problem is to get someone on site with
it (since the network interface is not reachable externally I assume --
did you nmap it?) and see what the situation is when booting into the
new kernel, particularly the things I suggested earlier.

Hearing about how the machine was when it did not have the symptoms
isn't containing much information about the problem.  It's like calling
the doctor and telling him how great you were feeling a week ago.

-Andy