[OT] - DVD Player

Amadeus W. M. amadeus84 at cablespeed.com
Tue Oct 25 00:52:57 UTC 2005

> Here's a little 2 line script that I usually use with mencoder that
> works for me.
>
> mencoder $1.avi -sub $1.srt -ovc lavc -lavcopts \
>
>    vcodec=mpeg4:keyint=100:vbitrate=1000:vb_strategy=1:vpass=1 -oac copy
>
> mencoder $1.avi -sub $1.srt -ovc lavc -lavcopts \
>
>    vcodec=mpeg4:keyint=100:vbitrate=1000:vb_strategy=1:vpass=2 -oac copy

Just tried something similar using -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 (etc.)
and the player said codec unsupported. Did you do any firmware upgrade or
something?

Would it be too much to ask to encode with mencoder a chapter, say, from a
dvd, test it on your player then post the file somewhere where I can
download, to try it on my player? Something a few Mb should suffice. I
can't let this go until I sort it out. I can't tell right now if it's the
player or mencoder.