?OpenOffice 2 in FC4

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Tue Oct 25 02:01:12 UTC 2005

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Sharon Kimble wrote:

> I've been able to do the updates from testing except for the
> openoffice.org-core.rpm which keeps being dropped because of a lack of
> mirrors. I'm currently downloading it via wget and am hoping to be able to
> install it using yum and then complete the openoffice.org update via the
> already got yum cache. But, will this work? If not, can anyone suggest how I
> can get the updated program?

(1) Keep trying.  The mirror thing may be temporary.  (It's working fine
for me right now, at least using up2date.)
(2) Try up2date.
(3) Download all the openoffice.org* RPMs and install locally.
(4) Install your local copy of openoffice.org-core with rpm -ivh --nodeps,
then update the others via yum.

I'm not sure if yum will resolve dependencies remotey for local installs.
It might.  The worst that can happen if you try is it'll complain and
fail.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences