Which release of Fedora is likely to ship w/ swsusp2 built-in?

Reshat Sabiq sabiq at csociety.org
Tue Oct 25 03:48:11 UTC 2005

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Reshat Sabiq wrote:
>
>> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>
>>> Yes and yes but the development version requires more testing for it
>>> to be enabled in the final FC5 release.  Hop in and participate if
>>> you have time
>>>
>>> regards
>>> Rahul
>>
>> I'm not sure if i'll have time for that. But hypothetically speaking,
>> how does one go about installing the development release? I'm not
>> seeing isos for download. Do people install FC4, and then run yum
>> from specific Development sources?
>

> See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/TestersGuide

Tried it out on my new laptop: both suspend and hibernate hang while
shutting down. I'll try to check the logs some time.
I'm hesitant to spend any time on suspend1, cause i have the impression
that it's gonna get overwritten by suspend2 within about a year. Is that
correct? If so, it might be worse just sitting it out, in my case anyway.

>> Also, testing suspend to disk shouldn't be very dangerous for my
>> harddrive, i guess. The worst thing that could happen is a crash
>> during re-boot, which one should be able to fix by running a rescue
>> CD, correct?
>

> It shouldnt cause any hardware problems. Use a dedicated system.
> subscribe to the fedora-test list, read the archives and post queries
> there. Alternatively there is a third party website providing software
> suspend enabled kernels which was recently referred in the
> fedora-desktop list. This might work for you. You are on your own with
> this one though
>
> http://mhensler.de/swsusp/index_en.php

Yes, i am aware of it, just don't trust the guy. I'm kidding. :)