Unusual Cups problem

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Tue Oct 25 08:46:33 UTC 2005

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 04:52:40PM +1000, david walcroft wrote:

> In installing cups printer [FC4] Via localhost:631 I get only three HP
> printers to select from,other printer selections are the same. I can not
> find which rpm supplies the required printer requirements,other items
> missing include 'Canon,Lexmark'to name a few.

PPDs for the large selection of printers provided by the foomatic
database are generated on demand when you use the
system-config-printer program (Desktop->System Settings->Printing).
Alternatively, you can download PPDs from www.linuxprinting.org, or
use the PPD supplied by your vendor.

If you don't want to/cannot use system-config-printer, put your PPDs
here: /usr/share/cups/model -- and then restart cups.

Tim.
*/