critical temp and 2.6.12-1.1456_FC4smp

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Tue Oct 25 16:22:35 UTC 2005

    To answer my own question, it turns out according to
the Java Desktop support group at Sun that these Critical
Temperature reached errors are a known issue on the
Sun W2100Z. They are due to bugs in the early BIOS
versions which can end up destroying the cpu fans.
Sun recommends upgrading to the BIOS on the Supplemental
2.1 cd for the Java Desktop Workstation W1100Z/W2100Z.
I'll try that later today. I do recall reading that the
original W2100Z bios had errors that prevented PowerNow
from working properly.
             Jack