nvidia or ati ?

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Tue Oct 25 16:33:22 UTC 2005

Igor Jagec wrote:
> I would advice you to get the nvidia-glx-1.0.7676-0.lvn.2.4.src.rpm
> package and recompile it when the new kernel package is released.

Yes, but this is not done automatically.

So if the machine is rebooted after the new
kernel is installed, but before the nvidia driver
is recompiled, the machine starts up without
graphics.

This has annoyed quite a few people here... :-)

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk