nvidia or ati ?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Oct 25 17:52:40 UTC 2005

Am Dienstag, den 25.10.2005, 18:33 +0200 schrieb Mogens Kjaer:
> Igor Jagec wrote:
> > I would advice you to get the nvidia-glx-1.0.7676-0.lvn.2.4.src.rpm
> > package and recompile it when the new kernel package is released.

> Yes, but this is not done automatically.
>
> So if the machine is rebooted after the new
> kernel is installed, but before the nvidia driver
> is recompiled, the machine starts up without
> graphics.

This should not happen -- the livna package should disable the nvidia
driver and switch to nv when the kernel-module for the new kernel is
missing. If not file a bug.

BTW, livna is quite fast with updating modules these days -- most times
they have them online 24 hours after a new kernel gets published.