nvidia or ati ?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Oct 25 17:00:51 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 09:14, Rudolf Kastl wrote:
>nvidia "nv"  driver doesnt provide any hw acceleration at all... go
>ahead and try tux racer with software rendering ;) its fun to watch.
>sure if you dont intend to run anything 3d it doesent matter...

Whereas my ATI Radion 9200SE does tuxracer just fine using the default
drivers compiled into the kernel, using x.org-6.8.1-901, home built.

My last nvidia card failed, and burnt the mobo up too.  But I've since
taken that cpu, put it and the half gig of memory on a Mach-Speed board
with the onboard video disabled and a newer nvidia card in it, and its
running my milling machine fairly well using emc-4.30.