Quick question on installing FC4 from CD...

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather3.admin.niu.edu
Tue Oct 25 20:49:39 UTC 2005

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005, Gene Heskett wrote:

> If thats the case, then when you mount the cd to look at it, do you
> see the install tree, or a single file whose name is the same as the .iso
> you made it from.  In the latter case you burnt it wrong, you want to
> 'burn an image' in your burner software.

Yes, I see the install tree, which makes me fully believe that it is the
burn, not the computer itself, which does look for the CD-rom first. SO,
given that I have the basic Sonic Record Now! version 7.3 included in my
OS from Microso..well, you know. ;-) Is there any way to do this on Linux?
Of course. Enlighten me, gurus...never done it before, obviously.

E-mail: sebenste at weather.admin.niu.edu                                  ***