Unstable Fedora Installation

Bruce Feist bfeist at speakeasy.net
Tue Oct 25 23:17:59 UTC 2005

Gilboa Davara wrote:

>I assume that you have a rather recent graphics card, right?
>You need a better power supply. At least a 450w unit.

Interesting thought!  I'm using the graphics capabilities built into the
RS480M2 mother board -- no separate card.  But, with that many disks in
the system, maybe the 400W isn't enoug.

>To check my assumption, disconnect all the DVD and SATA drives and most
>of the fans (keep the case open), and check if the stability improves.

Sounds good.  It's not a completely fair comparison, though -- stability
might improve if one of the components I disconnect is faulty and
responsible for the problem.  I'll give it a try, though.