Relay denied

David-Paul Niner dpniner at dpniner.net
Wed Oct 26 01:50:32 UTC 2005

The message about a possible forged-IP address indicates that the A
(forward) and PTR (reverse) record for your hostname and it's
corresponding IP address don't match.   This can be caused by a
configuration issue with your local DNS or a router between you and the
MX host that is doing NATing.

Hope this helps,
David-Paul Niner

nick wrote:

>Hi, Can anyone help me....
>
>Im having probelms sending mail from a client machine through FC3.
>It was working before on a 192.168.X.X address
>
>Since I changed the FC3 box it to a different fixed ip address
>172.16.1.36 and made changes in the access file too using the the
>relay address 172.16.1.0 and restarted the box.. I cannot send out
>mail anymore, can please someone talk me through what i need to do to
>get it working..
>
>This is the error message i get for outloox
>
>Your message did not reach some or all of the intend recipients.

believed to be clean.