question re list

kwhiskers kwhiskers at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 02:39:55 UTC 2005

On 25/10/05, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 20:10 -0600, kwhiskers wrote:
>

> > Just since writing these last 2 emails on this thread, 2 Brazilian
> > antispam mails arrived that seem to be part of this thread. This is
> > very odd. There seem to be a lot of spammers on this list. I use this
> > account only for redhat, nowhere else, and have never mentioned it
> > anywhere else and my spambox is filled to overflowing with mostly
> > Chinese spam since I have registered with this redhat list. My other
> > gmail accounts never receive any at all and they are known in some
> > yahoo forums.
> ----
> yeah - if you are referring to petsupermarket - that is similar/almost
> identical to peter whalley threads from some time back and that is some
> registered account on this list. That seemingly just started but long
> time users of this list have seen this before.
>
> Chinese spam - I don't know if that has anything to do with this list.
>
> Craig
>

> --
> believed to be clean.
>
> --

Yeah, I get the Chinese spam all the time (quite a few per day), but google
sees it correctly and puts it into the spam directory. I remember those
peter whalleys. Endless. Have they stopped? But now there's this. I haven't
been on this list for a few months. Had this problem I was unable to solve
by myself, thought instead of staying up all night, I'd just ask around and
see if I could finally get this solved once and for all.

Sorry to bother, but it was worth a try. I have learned a whole lot from the
posts here for things I wasn't even concerned with, and then I saw
something, which steered me to something else... et voilà, I was ble to
improve something I had never thought of before.

Anyway, the scsi problem seems to have been registered as a redhat bug, but
that was back in Fedora 2, I think. I thought it would likely have long
since been taken care of...