problems with new kernels from yum

Jon D. Slater Jon.Slater at LPBroadband.Net
Wed Oct 26 13:33:59 UTC 2005

James Pifer wrote:

>>not sure if this is related, but I am having trouble with all the newer
>>FC4 kernels as well, and I have seen other posts that might be related.
>>Is your machine SATA or SCSI? I think they split/changed certain
>>scsi/sata drivers. From what I have seen an adjustment to modprobe.conf
>>would fix it ... but not sure I have not found a fix for my situation
>>either. Let me know what you find.
>>

>Neither scsi nor sata in my case. I'm running on a laptop.
>
>Thanks,
>James

I just posted a similar problem 2 days ago with the same two kernels.
In my case it was on a HP Pavilion 8150, and the problem was, no network.

Everything appeared to boot just fine (except checking the time server
failed at boot), but if I use any kernel *before* the last two, it works.