Automated File Transfer Between FC4 and WIN-AD servers

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at iesabroad.org
Wed Oct 26 14:15:52 UTC 2005

[mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com] On
> Behalf Of Hahnel William J (CI)
> 	Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 8:42 AM
> 	To: 'fedora-list at redhat.com'
> 	Subject: Automated File Transfer Between FC4 and WIN-AD servers
>

> 	Any suggestions on the best method to automate moving files
occasionally from a
> Fedora Core 4 server to a Windows server running under Active
Directory?  I current
> have nothing set up between the two servers.
>
> 	Thanks,

I've got an rsync server running under cygwin on the Windows box.  I'm
still pretty wary about using cygwin on a production machine but I have
to say to date I've had no issues.  Issues with this method (and most
methods involving windows) is that file permissions will get all
buggered up.

	-Mike