VNC Server

Danny Terweij - Net Tuning | Net d.terweij at nettuning.net
Wed Oct 26 15:52:18 UTC 2005

From: "Brian D. McGrew" <brian at visionpro.com>

|I just ran through this setup real quick and all worked well, I put in
|hostname:1 in vncviewer and I was in.
|
|Question:  How do I get my 'normal' X session to come up in VNC?  All I
|had was the X11 background with a signle xterm in it?

|-brian

Thats the main question for all users that want to work with vnc server.
Many ansers can be found with google.
I help this time :)

File:
~/.vnc/xstartup

#!/bin/sh
[ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ] && exec /etc/vnc/xstartup
[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
vncconfig -iconic &
xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
startkde &
#

Assuming you have KDE installed and working with it.

Danny