Backup solutions?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 16:55:22 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 10:34, Jon D. Slater wrote:

> What are you using for your back-up solution?  (Tar? Rsync?, something
> else?)
>
> I'm not so paranoid as to need off site back-ups.
>
> I was thinking of building a FC4 server box with a BIG drive in it for
> on-site backups.
>
> Any recommendations from the group?

If the backup archive is all on-line (with an option to dump compressed
tar images of individual hosts to other media), I'd recommend backuppc
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/.
It uses a compression/linking scheme to greatly reduce the amount
of space needed to hold backups and has a nice web interface for
browsing and restoring files.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com