FC4 does not work, "out of the box" for me; GUI/X11 fails

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Wed Oct 26 18:44:46 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 12:39 pm, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> Hi, See my previous response that details my experience
> last night.  I did try Yum but was unable to continue because
> I chose 'everything' for software installation which it apparently
> installed cman which had a dependency that could not be updated
> or removed thus blocking updates in general.
>
> I am starting over.

I have regularly done 'everything' installs, as well. I now remember having
this issue as well, but, removing the GFP-kernel, gnbd-kernel, and cman-1.0
was no problem, for me. I'm not sure why you had a problem. That, just to let
you know that at least me, it did work.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA