Backup solutions?

Rodolfo Alcazar rodolfo.alcazar at padep.org.bo
Wed Oct 26 18:50:30 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 10:39 -0600, Jon D. Slater wrote:
> My requirements are minimal.  I have two machines (1 - FC4, and 1 - XP)
> that I'd like to back up.
>
> I don't need any archival on either machine.  My primary concern is hard
> disk failure.
>
> FC4 box requirements:
> The FC4 box is running several websites with accompanying mySQL db's.
> The websites are all maintained under individual logins, under /home
> Everything else on the machine could recovered easily enough, so the
> only backups would be of /home and the mySQL db's.

Well, a crontab programmed task and a rsync command does the job on 5
servers here by my office. Nasbackup is our solution for Windows
clients.

Rodolfo Alcazar - rodolfo.alcazar at padep.org.bo
Netzmanager Padep, GTZ
591-70656800, -22417628, LA PAZ, BOLIVIA
http://otbits.blogspot.com
--
Computers are unreliable, but humans are even more unreliable. Any
system which depends on human reliability is unreliable.