the proper way to 'yum update' a new 'everything' install of FC4?

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 26 19:19:42 UTC 2005

Mike McCarty wrote:
[snip]
> Apparently, you and I have a difference of opinion about what should
> drive packaging...
>
> I believe the convenience of users should drive it.
> You seem to believe that the convenience of the packagers should
> drive it.

No, I believe getting out an updated kernel (which everyone uses)
shouldn't have to wait on out-of-tree modules (which not a lot of people
use).  You can play word games all day, but if you want to make the
updates completely consistent you have to wait on the minority so that the
majority can get an updated kernel.

--
William Hooper