the proper way to 'yum update' a new 'everything' install of FC4?

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 26 19:40:21 UTC 2005

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 14:00, Mike McCarty wrote:
>

>>That is why there is no "everything" package. There is no package
>>at all, just a repository.
>

> You didn't notice that as a choice among the packages you can pick
> when you installed?

By "package" I mean a managed release. A package sits
on top of a release repository, and selects a collection of
objects from the repository which have been tested as an
entire whole, and which are guaranteed (via integration test)
to interoperate as a whole. The Fedora Core Project does not
have packages that I have seen. AFAICT, FC leaves configuration
management entirely up to the user.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.