the proper way to 'yum update' a new 'everything' install of FC4?

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 26 19:47:39 UTC 2005

Mike McCarty wrote:
[snip]
> Making updates be completely consistent is a matter of creating
> packages, and releasing to packages in a way which keeps them consistent.
> Currently there is no package.

You seem to want to re-define "package" to mean something different than
it commonly does on this list.

> If you wish to discuss this further,

I'd rather not.  I've been through enough "here's my Utopian view of how
things should work" discussions.  They all boil down to: the current
method works the majority of the time.  Edge cases can be handled by
excluding updates, removing unused packages, or setting up your own local
repository so that you can control what goes into it on your own schedule.

--
William Hooper