where are the x86_64 builds of OOo 2.0?

r948gm702 at sneakemail.com r948gm702 at sneakemail.com
Wed Oct 26 20:35:11 UTC 2005

I was pleased to see that OOo has been updated to 2.0 for FC4; however, when I viewed the details of the update (see
http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/Fedora_Core_4_Update:_openoffice.org-2.0.0-3.2.1)
I was disappointed to learn that no x86_64 packages are being provided.  [The fedora news notice is actually a little confusing, as the x86_64 tree lists packages that have an i386 architecture designation.]

I would really like to get rid of the excess i386 bloat on my x86_64 system, and the dependence of OOo on i386 libraries is the only remaining obstacle.

Will there be x86_64 builds of OOo?  What exactly is the problem?