scsi mass storage problem - followup

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Oct 27 02:29:28 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 20:14 -0600, kwhiskers wrote:

> well, now I really am confused.
>
> I just logged into gnome and the camera gets mounted. back in kde, it
> doesn't!
>
> Any ideas?
>
> I have taken out the udev rules file and restored everything to how it
> was before i started fiddling. gnome automounts the removable media,
> kde doesn't. Huh? Where do I set this behaviour in KDE?
----
can't help with the question but will offer perspective. Things aren't
perfect in udev world as you have found out first hand.

Some have reported that KDE isn't well implemented in fedora - I don't
know, I don't use it. Since GNOME is default, probably a lot of people
using fedora don't use KDE. The help you get on this list might be more
generalized or GNOME slanted than KDE savvy.

One would think that KDE's auto mount routines should be good enough -
in fact, I thought it worked pretty well for CD's. You might want to
check at kde.org

Craig

believed to be clean.