FC4 IP Masquerading

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Oct 27 03:00:16 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 23:50 -0700, Thomas Taylor wrote:
> Somehow your reply was sent three times.  Might want to check your
> settings.

I was off-line when I tried sending it, and something snafued with
sendmail:  Evolution wouldn't send, just sat there attempting to send.
So I stopped it and tried resending a few times.

Previously I've had sendmail set up to let me work off-line (I'm on
dialup), and it'll hold messages sent to it until it can send them, and
it did so without protest.  When changing the server over from Red Hat
9.0 Linux to Fedora Core 4 Linux I copied over the sendmail config
options that provided that functionality, but it doesn't work the same
way all the time (some mail will be accepted and held, others just won't
be accepted).

I haven't managed to figure this out.  And the problem's compounded by
my ISP's shoddy SMTP server.  It's my sendmail's "smarthost" and some of
the mail passed to it never gets delivered.  Yes, I am looking for a new
ISP at the moment.

I read messages from the public lists.