best/favorite/easiest to use DVD player..

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Oct 27 02:50:23 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 02:19 +0200, Marcel Janssen wrote:
> On the other hand, DVD's are intended to start with a menu so for the
> majority of people I think xine is more on track regarding DVD
> playing.

I think this is the worst aspect of DVDs.

When I play a music disc, I want to hear the music.  I put it in and
press play, it plays the music.

DVD players should work the same way:  Put it in, press play, the movie
begins.  I've got a menu button on my player *should* I want to do
something else (like sit through several minutes of animated menus, one
after another, several copyright warnings in different languages, and
three film company brag clips, etc).

I read messages from the public lists.