problems with kcontrol

alexander.beck-ratzka alexander.beck-ratzka at aei.mpg.de
Thu Oct 27 10:01:28 UTC 2005

Hello list,

again a problem with KDE 3.0....

Recently I've got a crash after starting vpn client. Nothing  worked any more,
so I have to turn off my computer by pressing the power off button.

After this event, I have a problem when I want to use kcontrol. Staring
kcontrol from a terminal or via the start button, I can only see
"peripherals" and a subfolder of peripheral called "digital camera", nothing
else. Usually things like Display, Desktop, etc.. should occur.

Has anyone an idea what is wrong, and I how can this be corrected?

Regards

Alexander