useradd to create empty home dir

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Thu Oct 27 13:54:31 UTC 2005

How do I get useradd to create an empty home directory?

I've tried to use -k and --skel to point to /dev/null and to
/etc/empty_dir which believe it or not is an empty dir I created under
/etc

No matter what I try, useradd fails with exit code 2.  If I don't
specify -k or --skel it works fine.

--
Gary Stainburn