No oobase in Openoffice 2.0 ?

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 16:39:28 UTC 2005

On 10/27/05, Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri at cbn.net.id> wrote:
> I've just noticed that my OOo 1.9.125 has no oobase. Then I removed it because
> when I tried 'yum check-update', there's no mention about oobase. So, after I
> removed it, using Yumex, I still don't see any oobase in the available
> packages.
>
> Does FC4 has oobase in it's OOo 2.0? I checked with Suse10.0 installed in my
> desktop PC and oobase is there.
> Thanks.

There is oobase in OOo 2.0. Please, tell us whether you installed OOo
2.0 from the official site (www.openoffice.org). The official version
does not have openoffice-core; it has openoffice-core01, 02, etc. When
one updates OOo, the old openoffice-core does not get removed. One has
to remove it oneself. This was what happened to me when I installed
the official (not the FC4) version of OOo 2.0. That is a clue...

Paul