FC4 does not work, 'out of the box' for me; GUI/X11 fails

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Oct 27 19:55:53 UTC 2005

Les Mikesell wrote:

> There's no need to store all of the intermediate rev's of the
> iso images, and it would most likely result in less bandwidth

Here's a wild thought, maybe the whole idea of ISO images, sampling a
copy of the rest of the repo state base-only or with updates, is
actually the evil part here.

AIUI Anaconda is moving towards being based on yum... in that case just
a small bootable ISO image with no RPMs in it, which then demands to see
a local or remote yum repo so it can find the latest versions of all
packages in a standard way, and so throwing away precooked ISOs of
anything from the Fedora mirrors, might be a solution.

-Andy